- 1Without disturbance; tranquilly: the baby slept peacefully in its cradleMore example sentences
- The tiny twin baby girls sleeping peacefully side by side are little miracles.
- The girl seeks protection from a nurse or grandmother while the baby sleeps peacefully in its mother's arms.
- In her arms was a newborn baby girl, peacefully sleeping, wrapped in a light pink towel.
- 1.1(Of death) without pain: she died peacefully in her sleepMore example sentences
- Half a year later he died peacefully, a natural death, with dignity.
- I would like the option to say my goodbyes and slip peacefully away before the pain claims me and my mind and body fail.
- She was supposed to live to a ripe old age and die peacefully in her sleep, devoid of any pain.
- 2Without war or violence: the siege ended peacefullyMore example sentences
- It is tyrannical because, while it asserts a global monopoly of violence, we cannot peacefully remove and replace it.
- Officers had previously believed that negotiations were proving effective, raising hopes the siege could be resolved peacefully.
- The siege ended peacefully five days later when riot police moved in.
More definitions of peacefullyDefinition of peacefully in:
- The US English dictionary