- A calibrated instrument used to measure lung capacity in monitoring breathing disorders such as asthma.More example sentences
- Repeated lung function measurements using portable peak flowmeters have resulted in improved outcomes.
- Recent efforts to increase public awareness about asthma have focused on use of peak flowmeters, control of environmental triggers for asthma, and use of anti-inflammatory agents.
- Because of the reversible component of asthma, the use of peak flowmeters to determine airflow on a continued basis is practical and seems to have resulted in improved outcomes.
More definitions of peak flow meterDefinition of peak flow meter in:
- The US English dictionary