Definition of pear in English:
1A sweet yellowish- or brownish-green edible fruit which is narrow at the stalk and wider towards the base.
- Sweet juicy fruits such as pears, grapes, watermelon and mangoes both nourish and cleanse.
- Truthfully, I chose this because of the sides: sweet potatoes and pears.
- Fruits like apples, pears and grapes are good sources of boron, as are green leafy vegetables and whole grains.
2 (also pear tree) The Eurasian tree which bears the pear.
- Genus Pyrus, family Rosaceae: several species and hybrids, in particular P. communis
- So I indicated that my goal henceforth was the space between two prongs of a garden fork, whereas his was the expanse between an apple tree and a pear tree in our fruity back garden.
- They blossom first, before the apples or the cherries or the pear tree - trees covered in white drifts of blossom that smell like honey.
- Mountain ashes, crabapple trees, and a pear tree provide fruit in season, while trumpet vines and such flowering perennials as penstemon and sage supply nectar that sustains hummingbirds.
Definition of pear in:
- US English dictionary