adjective[predic.] • informal , chiefly British
- Hungry: I hadn’t eaten and was quite peckishMore example sentences
- And if you get peckish there's a café, which uses organic produce from the farm's garden whenever possible, and a shop which sells organic vegetables, herbs, plants, honey and eggs.
- Heck, you should even feel free to breastfeed while reading this column, ladies, if your little one is feeling a bit peckish.
- But there's no real mystery: you bought it while peckish.
More definitions of peckishDefinition of peckish in:
- The US English dictionary