- A cross or crucifix worn on a long chain around the neck so that it rests on the chest, worn especially by bishops, abbots, and priests.More example sentences
- But the stadium floodlights suddenly hit his pectoral cross, also made of large emeralds set in a frame of diamonds as it rested on his mantle of white ermine.
- On the same occasion, the pope gave Archbishop Carey a gold episcopal pectoral cross.
- The marvelous shine of the costly fabric competed with the shimmer of the gold and the jewels of the pectoral crosses, the shoe buckles and the numerous rings.
More definitions of pectoral crossDefinition of pectoral cross in:
- The US English dictionary