noun (plural pedagogies)[mass noun]
- The method and practice of teaching, especially as an academic subject or theoretical concept: the relationship between applied linguistics and language pedagogy [count noun]: subject-based pedagogiesMore example sentences
- Nowhere in his transformative pedagogy is academic language proficiency challenged.
- Critical reflection is the type of processing that is crucial to the concept of culturally relevant pedagogy.
- The evening classes he is taking at a nearby college cover pedagogy and other subjects he needs to be a qualified teacher.
late 16th century: from French pédagogie, from Greek paidagōgia 'office of a pedagogue', from paidagōgos (see pedagogue).
More definitions of pedagogyDefinition of pedagogy in:
- The US English dictionary