- Close (a street or area) to traffic, making it accessible only to pedestrians: the ancient centre of the town was pedestrianizedMore example sentences
- There has been considerable talk about the need to pedestrianise streets in the town centre.
- The council is planning to pedestrianise the street and some side streets in the area from 11 am to 7pm six days a week.
- The project will not pedestrianise the area, as previously planned, but the streets will be dramatically altered.
- More example sentences
- Chamber did not want a trial basis of pedestrianisation.
- We also remain astounded at the amount of money being spent on the pedestrianisation of Kendal, when we have yet to hear from a resident of the town who actually thinks it is a good idea!
- Six people are not in favour of pedestrianisation at all.
More definitions of pedestrianizeDefinition of pedestrianize in:
- The US English dictionary