Definition of peekaboo in English:
A game played with a young child, which involves hiding and suddenly reappearing, saying ‘peekaboo’.
- I would stay up late at night watching movies with the 5th graders, chase around the toddlers, and play peekaboo with the infants.
- Is there anything better than playing peekaboo with a baby?
- Laughing and playing peekaboo on the settee with his mother, Sidney pretends to be shy but then turns on a radiant smile for the camera.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
1(Of a garment) made of transparent fabric or having a pattern of small holes: a black lace peekaboo dress
More example sentences
- For a casual night out for the society girl-on-the-go, his red mohair plaid strapless dress with peek-a-boo velvet bow and mini pouf hem detailing of pleated lace and tulle sets the right tone for the evening.
- He tapped his nose and said, ‘Look after him’ to the grey girl with peek-a-boo underwear.
- Fragonard's famously teasy painting of The Swing is re-created with the addition of a tribal peekaboo dress.
Definition of peekaboo in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia