Definition of peep show in English:
1A sequence of pictures viewed through a lens or hole set into a box, formerly offered as a public entertainment.
- Queen Mary unearthed a peep show, an ingenious toy which pulled out in concertina fashion to a length of 30 feet, showing the coronation of King George IV in 1821.
- They were like a tragic peep show, a fast-forward of innumerable slides to give a glimpse of realms unknown, and frail.
- It's a peep show of sorts revealing a building in decay, its infrastructure on life support.
1.1An erotic or pornographic film viewed from a coin-operated booth.
- As one user commented, ‘it's a bit like a peep show in a sex shop.’
- In addition to strip clubs, peep shows, and massage parlors, a large number of prostitutes walked the streets.
- The funny thing about this opera house is it's located at the end of a block filled with sex shops and peep shows.
Definition of peep show in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia