- A woman’s light dressing gown or negligee.More example sentences
- She put on her peignoir, and walked down the stairs.
- The door was opened by an old woman with caked on make-up and a frilly peignoir.
- She sat in her room, one hot afternoon, in her peignoir, listlessly drawing through her fingers the strands of her long, silky brown hair that hung about her shoulders.
French, from peigner 'to comb' (the garment was originally worn while combing the hair).
More definitions of peignoirDefinition of peignoir in:
- The US English dictionary