- A thin skin, cuticle, membrane, or film.More example sentences
- Young papillae are covered with a pellicle - cuticle layer and contain starch grains.
- However, in the dry type, the pellicle and cuticle remain intact in the functional phase, whereas they become discontinuous in the wet type.
- Proline-rich proteins' coat the teeth with a thin layer - pellicle - that serves as a protective diffusion barrier on the tooth surface.
late Middle English: from French pellicule, from Latin pellicula 'small piece of skin', diminutive of pellis.
More definitions of pellicleDefinition of pellicle in:
- The US English dictionary