Definition of penalty box in English:
1 Soccer another term for penalty area.
- By the time the referee has sorted out all the pushing and shoving in the penalty box injury time is nearly over.
- Finally, the goalkeeper will normally come forward and punt it aimlessly into the opposition penalty box - not before first moving the ball another several yards forward.
- Until they reach the penalty box, Chelsea look like a team that could win the premiership
2 Ice Hockey An area beside the rink reserved for penalized players and an official who records penalties.
- He deals only in goals, and still spends hours practising his shooting with both feet from all areas of the penalty box.
- I'm very aggressive and very emotional, so I think I've done a good job staying out of the penalty box and taking aggressive penalties.
- But they threw away a number of scoring opportunities in the penalty box area and wasted a number of stirring goal chances.
Definition of penalty box in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan