1 Soccer another term for penalty area.
- By the time the referee has sorted out all the pushing and shoving in the penalty box injury time is nearly over.
- Finally, the goalkeeper will normally come forward and punt it aimlessly into the opposition penalty box - not before first moving the ball another several yards forward.
- Until they reach the penalty box, Chelsea look like a team that could win the premiership
2 Ice Hockey An area beside the rink reserved for penalized players and an official who records penalties.
- He deals only in goals, and still spends hours practising his shooting with both feet from all areas of the penalty box.
- I'm very aggressive and very emotional, so I think I've done a good job staying out of the penalty box and taking aggressive penalties.
- But they threw away a number of scoring opportunities in the penalty box area and wasted a number of stirring goal chances.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pen|alty box
Definition of penalty box in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.