- The point within the penalty area from which penalty kicks are taken.More example sentences
- So far England have scored two goals in three games, the first from a corner kick and the second from the penalty spot.
- Without so much as a glance towards his assistant referee, the referee pointed to the penalty spot.
- Internal disharmony and a fallibility from the penalty spot have proved to be their weaknesses.
More definitions of penalty spotDefinition of penalty spot in:
- The US English dictionary