Definition of penetrator in English:
1A person or thing that penetrates something.
- Thus even restraint of cross-ownership of newspapers and TV - which those of us in diversity's ranks thought a lost cause - may be carried along in the wave of resentment against the 45-percent-of-TV-audience penetrators.
- Now, it is practically free for military and arms manufactures and is used in tank armor and extensively in armor-piercing shells known as depleted uranium penetrators.
- In this respect, gay men can't take what straight couples so easily take for granted; the immediate assumption that one partner will act as the sexual penetrator while the other partner will act as the receiver.
1.1A missile containing a hard alloy rod, designed to penetrate the armour of tanks or fortifications.
- The BK - 29 round, with a hard penetrator in the nose is designed for use against reactive armor, and as an MP round has fragmentation effects.
- Although heavier than the heaviest World War II bomber, the B-47 was designed to be a medium-range penetrator with approximately a 3,500-nm range.
- The M829A3 is the latest generation kinetic energy round and has an improved penetrator design and propellant.
Definition of penetrator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan