- 1 another term for tin whistle.More example sentences
- And if you can't whistle, then get a flute or a recorder or a penny whistle or a harmonica and bring your music into the world.
- All that is experienced at the user end is the computer equivalent of playing Wagner on a penny whistle.
- The term is also used for instruments with full melodic capability such as the swanee whistle and penny whistle.
- 1.1 [as modifier] South African Used to denote kwela music or the musicians playing it.More example sentences
- They all have that easy-rolling swing tempo that is the hallmark of early marabi jazz and penny-whistle jive.
More definitions of penny whistleDefinition of penny whistle in:
- The US English dictionary