- Any of a number of plants with rounded leaves, in particular.
More example sentences
- ● (wall pennywort) a small Eurasian plant that grows in crevices (Umbilicus rupestris, family Crassulaceae). Also called cotyledon or navelwort ● (marsh or water pennywort) a small creeping or floating plant of marshy places (Hydrocotyle vulgaris, family Umbelliferae). Also called navelwort
- Smaller herbs are marsh pennywort and camphor weed (both also common in U.S. wetlands).
- Water-starwort makes its particular kind of dimpling, and marsh pennywort makes another.
- You hike through that tunnel of live oak, cool shade and wren song, then climb the stairs that top out on a high dune strewn with pennywort.
More definitions of pennywortDefinition of pennywort in:
- The US English dictionary