Definition of pensionable in English:
Entitling to or qualifying for a pension: women over pensionable age
More example sentences
- In defined benefit schemes, a member accrues pension benefits based on their service, the amount of pension accrued for each year of service and their pensionable salary.
- If you are a member of an occupational scheme, you are entitled to a maximum of up to 1.5 times your final pensionable salary, depending on your years of service.
- For individuals in occupational pension schemes the maximum contribution you can make is 15 per cent of your pensionable salary.
- Example sentences
- Although there was some suggestion the rate would be examined and pensionability would be discussed, none of the proposals were firm.
- Meanwhile, talks between teachers' unions and the Department of Education on the issue of pensionability broke down yesterday as both sides failed to hammer out an agreement on the contentious issue.
- The issue of pensionability was a key thorn in the side for two other unions which have already voted on the deal.
Definition of pensionable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan