Definition of pentahedron in English:
noun (plural pentahedra /-drə/ or pentahedrons)
A solid figure with five plane faces.
- Whereas the tetrahedron is composed of four triangles, the pyramid (or pentahedron), which looks a lot like it, is composed of four triangles and a square - the base.
- You can also have an Egyptian pentahedron square-base pyramid.
- Then the pyramids are cut by silhouettes into a set of pentahedrons, which together constitute the centripetal pentahedron model of the visual hull.
- Example sentences
- There are two topologically distinct pentahedral graphs which, through duality, correspond to the skeletons of the square pyramid and triangular dipyramid.
- I noticed that it was closely related to the pentahedral prism packing.
Definition of pentahedron in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan