noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic antibiotic drug used chiefly in the treatment of PCP infection.More example sentences
- The growing problem of drug resistance to pentamidine and melarsoprol has driven clinicians to consider combination chemotherapy regimens.
- For patients that cannot tolerate any of these drugs, weekly inhaled pentamidine is used.
- Dapsone and inhaled pentamidine are commonly employed alternatives to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxasole, but appear to be somewhat less effective in preventing PCP.
More definitions of pentamidineDefinition of pentamidine in:
- The US English dictionary