Any of a number of shrubs or trees which have aromatic leaves or fruit with a pepper-like smell, in particular:
- ● an evergreen Peruvian tree, grown as a shade tree in hot countries (Schinus molle, family Anacardiaceae). ● another term for kawa-kawa
More example sentences
- He claimed that he could in some sense merge with the insects and the leaves on the pepper tree.
- The pepper tree is a climber; on plantations it is usually grown on other trees - betel, palm, or mango - as its cordlike stems need support.
- Here's a great way to show off the beautiful red berries of the California pepper tree.
Definition of pepper tree in:
- The US English dictionary