- A salt which is an oxidized borate containing a peroxide linkage, especially a sodium salt of this kind used as a bleach: one of the common peroxide bleaches, perborate, produces boron when it breaks down [count noun]: it is obtained by action of acids on hydrated barium dioxide or from perboratesMore example sentences
- Sodium chlorite, hypochlorite, perborate, and peroxide are used to bleach paper, cotton, and rayon.
- Of the peroxy type bleaches, sodium perborate is the least expensive.
- These solid bleaches contain ingredients like perborate or percarbonate - compounds that react in water to release hydrogen peroxide.
More definitions of perborateDefinition of perborate in:
- The US English dictionary