noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A fuming toxic liquid with powerful oxidizing properties.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: HClO4
- The term superacids was introduced into the chemical literature in 1927 by James Conant and Norris Hall to describe solutions of sulfuric or perchloric acid in glacial acetic acid.
- Simultaneously, hydrogen ions are produced, which react with the perchlorate ions making perchloric acid.
- The concentrations of the phospholipids were determined by phosphate assay subsequent to total digestion by perchloric acid.
More definitions of perchloric acidDefinition of perchloric acid in:
- The US English dictionary