Definition of perfectionism in English:
1Refusal to accept any standard short of perfection.
- That is the cornerstone of his epic career, his attention to detail, his innate perfectionism and his belligerent refusal to be beaten, whatever the opposition.
- You might even get a handle on your perfectionism by doing a short stint with a psychologist.
- Women driven by impulsive behavior and perfectionism have higher odds of developing both problems.
1.1 Philosophy A doctrine holding that perfection is attainable, especially the theory that human moral or spiritual perfection should be or has been attained.
- The spiritual perfectionism of her system has dual aspects: metaphysical and moral.
- When we forget that our longing for the good and the true is grounded in the beautiful, the spiritual life degenerates into moralism and perfectionism.
- Nor did perfectionism sustain an essentialist notion of the self; instead, it often contested it in order to conceive of the self as intersubjective, formed in response, traced by the words of others.
Definition of perfectionism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan