- If you do not inform your reader with the basics of how to accomplish a task, perform a function or use a new tool, I guarantee he will find out from someone else.
- After the session, most people feel relaxed and mellow but in complete control of all of their faculties and able to perform any task or duty such as driving or working.
- As discussed earlier, there is an increased reliance on contractors to perform mission critical tasks.
- A member of the health care team experiencing low morale may perform at a lower standard of practice than usual.
- The process was initially introduced for local government in 2002 to give people a single overall judgment on how well their local council performs and delivers services.
- The new system will allow people to tell at a glance how their local council was performing and provide national accountability by highlighting how the performance has changed over time.
- He had a couple of strokes that rendered him unable to perform sexually, or walk, or act like the rest of the world.
- Cessation of sexual activity was often due to the attitude and the ability of the male to perform sexually.
- Typically men have a lot of their self esteem and identity tied in with their ability to perform sexually.
- Two noted Hohner accordion players performed this street entertainment at different times in the past, but did not work together.
- Stocking groups from across York will perform renaissance-style entertainments during the free event.
- This to me spells a director who requires foresight or who ought to hold more rehearsals after the play has been performed before an audience for at least a couple of times.
- The idea is, while there is a lot on offer for young people of a sporting bent during the holidays, there is less for those interested in singing or dancing, performing on the stage, on television or in the movies.
- The pastoral council are looking for people who can sing, dance or perform on stage for a variety show they are arranging in Moneenroe hall in March.
- The children sang and performed for a packed audience.
- Example sentences
- One of big arguments about laptops is the lack of performability.
- Where truth and beauty conflict or compete, he has opted for elegance of form, or a measure of performability.
- What are the conditions of performability, of recognition, of the generation and circulation of affect?
- Example sentences
- The initial problem was to find a performable Hindi translation.
- He would like to devise ways of making electronic music more jammable and performable.
- The cantata is a useful and appealing addition to the choral repertoire, eminently performable though also stretching, with contrapuntal textures and lots of dialogue between men's and women's sections.
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French parfourmer, alteration (by association with forme 'form') of Old French parfournir, from par 'through, to completion' + fournir 'furnish, provide'.
Words that rhyme with performconform, corm, dorm, form, forme, haulm, lukewarm, Maugham, misinform, norm, outperform, shawm, storm, swarm, transform, underperform, warm
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: per|form
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.