Definition of performance art in English:
An art form that combines visual art with dramatic performance: an early example of performance art
More example sentences
- Sometimes Asian performance art and body art converge with developments in the West.
- However, in Tbilisi, performance art and dramatic art are alive and rich.
- Indeed, it would be hard to decode his work without some experience or knowledge of performance art and conceptual art practices.
performance artist noun
- Example sentences
- She is an art critic, art historian, and performance artist.
- He has worked as a painter, draftsman, photographer, muralist, sculptor and performance artist.
- She is a sculptor who makes feature films, a performance artist who constructs elaborate mechanised contraptions, a poet who straps on surreal extensions to the human body.
Definition of performance art in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan