- Denoting or relating to a substance, typically one banned for use in competitive events, that is taken by an athlete or sports player to improve their performance: she was banned from competition for two years after admitting she had used performance-enhancing drugsMore example sentences
- Will athletic regulators have to look out for a new class of performance-enhancing substances?
- Our experts have determined the stimulant is performance-enhancing.
- Some coaches and parents look the other way and even actively encourage the use of performance-enhancing substances in pursuit of scholarships.
More definitions of performance-enhancingDefinition of performance-enhancing in:
- The US English dictionary