- A thin layer of plant tissue between the endodermis and the phloem.More example sentences
- In addition, the host pericycle and endodermis in contact with abortive haustoria were deformed in many cases.
- These layers include the epidermis, an exodermis in roots where it is differentiated, several layers of cortex cells, the endodermis, pericycle, xylem parenchyma cells and finally the vessels.
- The pericycle and endodermis were both present, each as a single sheath of cells located between the cortex and stele.
late 19th century: from Greek perikuklos 'spherical', from perikukloun 'encircle'.
More definitions of pericycleDefinition of pericycle in:
- The US English dictionary