(Of organic material) fossilized through the precipitation of dissolved minerals in the interstices of hard tissue.
- Coal balls are concretions of permineralized peat formed in place.
- Large trunks of permineralized wood attest to the latter at least.
- He would also have become aware that not all dinosaur bones are permineralized.
- Example sentences
- An empirical permineralization model was developed for the setting of a normal peat deposit overlain by a thick terrestrial shale deposited by a nearby river.
- If it turns out that the tissue has been preserved by permineralization, then this is further evidence that permineralization does not take long time periods.
- The bones are stained a dark red brown but otherwise display little permineralization, crushing, or distortion.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.