- Change the order or arrangement of: statistics may be sorted and permutated according to requirementsMore example sentences
- Marker order was permutated after each marker was added.
- In order to permutate the data we randomly reordered columns of stem nucleotides while maintaining the set of parentheses indicating the secondary structure.
- In conducting such a test, the entry order of the trait data in the analysis was randomly permutated.
late 19th century: regarded as a back-formation from permutation.
More definitions of permutateDefinition of permutate in:
- The US English dictionary