- Relating to or situated in the outer side of the calf of the leg.More example sentences
- With high origin it gives rise to branches normally originating from the popliteal and the peroneal arteries.
- The common peroneal nerve arises from lumbar 4 and 5 and sacral nerves 1 and 2.
- I had a large laceration to the left upper calf that severed the peroneal nerve.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin peronaeus 'peroneal muscle' (based on Greek peronē 'pin, fibula') + -al.
More definitions of peronealDefinition of peroneal in:
- The US English dictionary