Definition of persona in English:
noun (plural personas or personae /-niː/)
1The aspect of someone’s character that is presented to or perceived by others: her public persona In psychology, often contrasted with anima.
More example sentences
- The public personas of some writers cut a wide swath through the publishing world.
- Some commenters find this problematic, pointing out that people present different personas to different people, depending on the situation.
- It was only after several years of painting celebs that I thought I could paint regular people whose personas weren't public and well-known.
1.1A role or character adopted by an author or an actor.
- The writing is crisp, making the characters realistic personas despite their larger-than-life roles.
- First is their ability to adopt different personas.
- In all six films he adopts six different personas, which is something he enjoys about the character.
early 20th century: Latin, literally 'mask, character played by an actor'.