Definition of pester in English:
Trouble or annoy (someone) with frequent or persistent requests or interruptions: she constantly pestered him with telephone calls
More example sentences
- Unscrupulous companies will instead pester you with annoying phone calls or unannounced visits.
- Most of the popular girls from my school constantly pestered me for a picture of him, but I never gave them anything.
- The more she pesters him with emotional calls, the more irritated he becomes.
informal hassle, bug, aggravate, give someone a hard time, get on someone's nerves, drive round the bend, drive up the wall, get in someone's hair, get up someone's nose, get at, get on someone's back
Northern English mither
North American informal ride, devil
- Example sentences
- Thank you to everyone who tolerated my pestering emails (Im a good pesterer).
- Violets husband was a "pesterer," a traveling trader, who would go on the "knocker," roaming the country buying and selling silver, gold and clothing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan