(abbreviation: Pb or PB)
- A unit of information equal to one thousand million million (1015) or, strictly, 250 bytes.More example sentences
- Almost overnight, companies are transitioning from storing gigabytes of data to managing terabytes, and even petabytes, of information.
- The Panasas system seamlessly scales capacity from gigabytes to petabytes within a single unified namespace.
- As data requirements scale into hundreds of terabytes or petabytes, and vast amounts of corporate data must be maintained and archived, the role of tape may change, but the need for tape will not.
More definitions of petabyteDefinition of petabyte in:
- The US English dictionary