- A small valve positioned in the pipe of a steam boiler or cylinder of a steam engine for drainage or testing.More example sentences
- They were fitted with a dial gauge, a vent port in the form of a petcock or counterweight, and a safety fuse.
- This time I put a piece of tape over the petcock opening instead of using the screw on block off plate I had made to use on the first steps.
- Steam for ten minutes, then shut off the steam by either closing the petcock or dropping the weight gauge into place.
More definitions of petcockDefinition of petcock in:
- The US English dictionary