- Young peas that are picked before they are grown to full size.More example sentences
- The protein-packed power breakfast menu one morning included juicy fried chicken spiked with loads of black pepper and garlic, served with salad and a hefty dollop of mayonnaise, and sautéed kidneys and onions with petits pois.
- The second course followed, starring fresh green peas, two ways: Petits pois en brandade, velouté de petits pois, et pain grillé.
- Some of this glamour still attaches to the French petits pois, which are not a separate variety but ordinary peas harvested very young.
French, literally 'small peas'.
More definitions of petits poisDefinition of petits pois in:
- The US English dictionary