Definition of petrol in English:
noun[mass noun] British
1A light fuel oil that is obtained by distilling petroleum and used in internal-combustion engines: [as modifier]: petrol fumes
More example sentences
- The price of petrol, diesel and kerosene has gone up four times since February.
- Higher oil prices have added to the cost of petrol, diesel, kerosene and gas as well as transport.
- Tar is soluble in fossil fuels like diesel and petrol and oil spill loosens the road surface and potholes begin to form.
2 (also petrol blue) A shade of greenish or greyish blue.
- Harmer sells a range of contemporary pendant lighting, including the Icon glass dome light shades, in colours from petrol blue to cardinal red, priced £109.
- The petrol blue salwar kameez she is wearing here cost 3000-the price was only kept below 5000 because he has a team of in-house embroiderers in India.
- The wash is equally bright and clean with light petrol notes among the apricot and apple.
Words that rhyme with petrolpetrel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.