- An accessible store of money kept by an organization for expenditure on small items: I took the money out of the petty cash and paid herMore example sentences
- Police in Trowbridge are warning retailers to stop leaving petty cash in their stores overnight after burglars broke into a town centre hairdressers.
- Any amounts below $100 can be claimed through petty cash using an expense claim form.
- You stole the £1 coins we had set aside for our petty cash.
More definitions of petty cashDefinition of petty cash in:
- The US English dictionary