Definition of phalange in English:
1 Anatomy another term for phalanx (sense 2).
- See, the fracture occurred in the lower phalange of my left ring finger - a sliver of bone snapped off from the knuckle where the tendons connect.
- After the Sayee is over at Marwah you have to get a hair cut or a head shave; women have to have only their hair cut from at least three place the length of one phalange of her finger, approximately 1 or 1.5 inches.
- Radiographs of the fingertips of rock climbers, for example, show unusual bony spurs and thickened phalanges.
Phalangist noun& adjective
- sense 2.Example sentences
- ‘In our view, the Minister of Defence made a grave mistake when he ignored the danger of acts of revenge by the Phalangists and bloodshed against the population in the refugee camps,’ the inquiry found.
- Syria then attacked the Christian Phalangist militia.
- I would compare them to the Phalangists, the fascist Maronite Christians in Lebanon, who fought tooth and nail 1975-1989 against recognizing that Christians were no longer a dominant majority in Lebanon.
Definition of phalange in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia