1The process of genetically modifying plants and animals so that they produce substances which may be used as pharmaceuticals.
- The genetic engineering of livestock for human medical applications is known as pharming.
- Then there's what's known as pharming - the relatively new practice of using genetically altered livestock to produce proteins used in pharmaceuticals.
- The book will be useful for molecular biologists and protein biochemists in academia and industry with an interest in molecular pharming.
2The fraudulent practice of directing Internet users to a bogus website that mimics the appearance of a legitimate one, in order to obtain personal information such as passwords, account numbers, etc.
- The next wave of Internet-related scams, however, may move from phishing to pharming.
- Another theoretical variation on pharming is based on Domain Name System poisoning.
- To understand pharming, you need a little background on DNS.
Words that rhyme with pharmingcharming, disarming
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: pharm|ing
Definition of pharming in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.