Definition of pharming in English:
1The process of genetically modifying plants and animals so that they produce substances which may be used as pharmaceuticals.
- The genetic engineering of livestock for human medical applications is known as pharming.
- Then there's what's known as pharming - the relatively new practice of using genetically altered livestock to produce proteins used in pharmaceuticals.
- The book will be useful for molecular biologists and protein biochemists in academia and industry with an interest in molecular pharming.
2The fraudulent practice of directing Internet users to a bogus website that mimics the appearance of a legitimate one, in order to obtain personal information such as passwords, account numbers, etc.
- The next wave of Internet-related scams, however, may move from phishing to pharming.
- Another theoretical variation on pharming is based on Domain Name System poisoning.
- To understand pharming, you need a little background on DNS.
Definition of pharming in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India