- A small arboreal flesh- and nectar-eating Australian marsupial with a pointed snout, large eyes and ears, and a bushy tail.
More example sentences
- Genus Phascogale, family Dasyuridae: two species
- Many small carnivorous marsupials live there, and some of them - six species of quolls and one phascogale - grow to about the size of civets and mongooses.
- The red-tailed phascogale is an endangered species that was once widespread over Australia. This species can currently only be found in the wheatbelt of western Australia.
- Brush-tailed phascogales are speedy, elusive little tree-dwellers. Because of this they are extraordinarily difficult to survey.
modern Latin, from Greek phaskōlos 'purse' + galē 'weasel'.