noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- 1.1 [count noun] Psychiatry Any of a group of derivatives of phenothiazine with tranquillizing properties, used in the treatment of mental illness.More example sentences
- However, the data presented suggest that some photosensitizing effect in humans is possible, although lower than that exerted by other drugs such as quinolone antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs or phenothiazines.
- The systemic use of phenothiazines, a class of neuroleptic drugs used in the therapy of mental disorders, such as schizophrenia, organic psychoses and other mental disorders, is known to induce photosensitization of the skin.
- The finding that phenothiazines reduce the incidence of cancer in humans generated a broad range of experimental studies, which confirmed their antitumor, cancer-chemopreventive and antimutagenic activities.
More definitions of phenothiazineDefinition of phenothiazine in:
- The US English dictionary