noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound used as a vasodilator, especially in certain cases of hypertension.More example sentences
- Agitation and anxiety can be controlled with benzodiazepines, and hypertension with labetalol, phentolamine, or nitroprusside.
- Epinephrine may interact with alpha- and beta-adrenergic blocking agents such as propranolol and phentolamine.
- Severe hypertension can be treated with labetalol, phentolamine, nitroprusside, or similar agents.
More definitions of phentolamineDefinition of phentolamine in:
- The US English dictionary