- 1The twenty-first letter of the Greek alphabet (Φ, φ), transliterated as ‘ph’ or (in modern Greek) ‘f’.More example sentences
- This use of h was first established in Latin, which used ch, ph, and th for the Greek letters chi, phi, and theta.
- The second main group puts together the GDAP1 proteins with those of the zeta, phi, omega, lambda, tau, beta, and theta classes, plus a few minor sets of sequences.
- To design conserved primers, GST nucleotide and protein sequences from the classes phi, tau, and zeta were obtained from GenBank.
symbolBack to top
- 1.1 (φ) A polar coordinate. Often coupled with θ (theta).
More definitions of phiDefinition of phi in:
- The US English dictionary