- 1The vertical groove between the base of the nose and the border of the upper lip.More example sentences
- Geordie leaned over and carefully daubed a Hitler moustache across Danny's philtrum.
- A flat or smooth philtrum can present in persons with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders.
- Nevertheless, early correction may be indicated because the prolabium usually contains more than enough tissue to create a philtrum of normal size.
- 1.1The junction between the two halves of an animal’s upper lip or nose.More example sentences
- A midline groove called the philtrum divides the rhinarium into two, each half containing a nostril.
- Two dogs were presented with dermal arteritis of the nasal philtrum associated with repeated episodes of bleeding.
- Superficial ulcers appear on the dorsum of the tongue, hard palate, and nasal philtrum.
early 17th century (in sense 'love potion'): Latin, from Greek philtron 'love potion'.
More definitions of philtrumDefinition of philtrum in:
- The US English dictionary