- The fraudulent practice of sending emails purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers, online.More example sentences
- The modern era of phishing is exemplified by emails messages from Nigerians posing as business partners trying to move money out of the African country.
- The second issue I have is that the most common attacks today collect passwords through phishing.
- To avoid being a victim of phishing, never respond to e-mail requests for personal information, no matter how official the message looks.
- More example sentences
- The requirements were partially a reflection of the threat landscape of more than two years ago, which was dominated by phishers.
- Anyone operating on behalf of a known spammer or phisher would receive the same punishment.
- At first phishing consisted only of a social engineering scam in which phishers spammed consumer e-mail accounts with letters ostensibly from banks.
More definitions of phishingDefinition of phishing in:
- The US English dictionary