Definition of phlebography in English:
Another term for venography.
- Venous leg ulcers were diagnosed according to clinical criteria and confirmed with duplex Doppler ultrasonography, ascending phlebography, and foot volumetry when the ulcers had healed.
- Such algorithms limit the requirement for phlebography and pulmonary angiography to a small fraction of patients suspected of the disease.
- Durbec et al found a 6.6% incidence of iliofemoral DVT (3% in control limbs) using phlebography and concluded, in contrast to others, that this incidence was acceptable.
- Example sentences
- Accuracy in excess of 80% has been claimed both for ultrasound and for phlebographic localization of incompetent perforating veins (ICPVs).
- The phlebographic findings in nine patients with primary varicose veins on the lateral aspect of the thigh are described.
Definition of phlebography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan