- The action or practice of connecting a device to a telephone so that the conversation can be listened to secretly: the ban on phone tapping should be strengthened [as modifier]: a phone-tapping scandalMore example sentences
- I'm not sure just how widespread this phone-tapping is.
- These investigations including phone-tapping and searching of criminal records and tax records.
- Last month, seven of his former associates were convicted of invasion of privacy for their role in a phone-tapping operation.
More definitions of phone tappingDefinition of phone tapping in:
- The US English dictionary