- 1A person engaged or skilled in phonetics; a phonetician.More example sentences
- It is well to use moderation, and to remember that to be a first-class phonetist requires an exceedingly fine ear, which cannot be expected of most students.
- It may be mentioned also that the phonetist recognizes phenomena closely parallel to these in the structure of the syllable.
- 1.1An advocate of phonetic spelling.More example sentences
- Another issue contained a reprint from the New York Times, written by the American phonetist, Alexander Melville Bell.
- The veteran phonetist, Alexander Melville Bell, has accepted the presidency of the newly formed section.