- A symbol representing a vocal sound.More example sentences
- The most crucial distinction is that Chinese is ideogram, but nushu is, on the contrary, a phonogram that represents local dialect.
- While it is possible that the Egyptians borrowed the idea for ideograms and phonograms from the Sumerians, many experts think that would be very unlikely.
- Words could be written using only phonograms or ideograms, but most used a combination of both.
More definitions of phonogramDefinition of phonogram in:
- The US English dictionary