noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A substance widely distributed in animal tissues, egg yolk, and some higher plants, consisting of phospholipids linked to choline.More example sentences
- These studies indicate that the protein exhibits highest selectivity for the choline phospholipids phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin under physiological conditions of pH and ionic strength.
- Choline chloride and phosphatidylcholine, which are orally bioavailable precursors of acetylcholine, have been reported to be useful in short-term studies.
- Importantly, enzymatic degradation of cellular phosphatidylcholine does not affect cellular cholesterol esterification.
More definitions of phosphatidylcholineDefinition of phosphatidylcholine in:
- The US English dictionary